How To Join ISRO?
Updated: Apr 16, 2020
The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India. Many young science stream candidates aspire to join ISRO. But many eligible candidates dont know how to prepare and what is the procedures to become a Space Scientist. In this article you will get every steps which will take you to your dream.
Here on this page, we are providing you the simplest Ways To Join In ISRO After 12th, B.Tech, Graduation.
Those who are completed their engineering course from ISAT are get chance to join ISRO and DRDO like organisation. IITs are also one option but ISAT is best if you are dreaming about ISRO. Students knew about IITs but dont know about ISAT. So we started this article with ISAT.
What is ISAT?
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Admission Test is known as ISAT. IIST functions as an autonomous body under the Dept. of Space, Govt of India. ISAT is National level Admission test which is conducted to offer admissions in B.Tech, based on the applicants’ JEE Advance scores.
All India Ranking is considered to be one of the major factors for admissions in ISAT. Candidates who are willing to take admission in IIST should appear for ISAT 2020. It contains 3 Major Divisions: Bachelor of Technology in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Physical Sciences.
Courses Offered by IIST in Under Graduate Scheme:
4 Yrs – B.TECH in Aerospace Engineering
4 Yrs – B.TECH in Electronics and Communication Engineering
5 Yrs – Dual Degree on (B.TECH and Master of Science/ M.TECH) Programme
The Dual Degree Programme is a 5-year (10 Semesters) Programme. On successful completion, the students are awarded a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a Master of Science/ M.Tech. degree in one of the following four postgraduate streams:
– Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
– Master of Science in Solid State Physics
– M.Tech. in Earth System Science
– M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
Students will be allotted their postgraduate streams at the end of the sixth semester based on their preference and academic performance upto sixth semester. The seat matrix specifying minimum and/ or maximum for each of the streams will be notified to the students during the sixth semester.
There is no exit option with a B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics. However, based on academic performance, Director, IIST has the discretion not to promote students with unsatisfactory performance to the Masters‟ level. These students may be allowed to exit with a B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics with specified norms worked out by the Department and approved by the Academic Council and Board of Management of IIST.
Click here for official notification of 2020 Entrance Test:
Reservation of Seats are as follows:
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), candidates belonging to the following categories are admitted to reserved seats based on relaxed criteria. The categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are
– Scheduled Castes (SC): 15%
-Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
– Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL): 27%
– Persons with Disabilities (PD) : 5% (Horizontal Reservation)
– Economically Weaker Section (EWS): As below.
Courses Offered by IIST in Post Graduate Scheme:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) has been established in the year 2007 as an autonomous aacdemic institution under Deaprtment of Space, Government of India. IIST is committed to (i) attract talanted students, (ii) putting in place a system which ensures high academic standards, (iii) actively encourages innovative research in areas of relevance to space science, space technology, sapce applications and other related basic science areas
Applications are invited every year from highly motivated students for admission to the Postgraduate Programme, in the areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Earth and Space Sciences.
Age Limit – 32 years as on 30.04.2019. Age relaxation is applicable to SC / ST / Persons with disability (PD) category as per Government of India Orders. No age relaxation for OBC/ EWS and women candidates.
Minimum Qualifications –
– BE/B.Tech/Master of Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10 for General & OBC category and minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.0 out of 10 for SC/ST & PD categories. A valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET/CSIR-NET in relevant area as the case may be, as specified below is essential.
IIST offers M.Tech and Master of Science programmes in various subjects. To read complete list click here:
For information on Post Graduate Fees click here:
How To Get Into ISRO After M.tech?
Having post graduation degree in engineering such as M.E or M.Tech is very beneficial for getting jobs in ISRO. Fresher’s and experienced who have done B.tech along with the M.tech in the below given provided discipline will be preferred first:
– B.tech in Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics with First Class with 65% marks above.
– B.tech in Geology/ Applied Geology with First Class with 65% marks above.
– B.tech in Geo informatics / Remote Sensing and GIS with First class
– B.tech in Optics / Applied Optics with First class.
How to get Scientist Jobs in ISRO?
After getting required, lets talk about the various steps to take:
-To become a scientist at ISRO, you are required to have Math and Physics as subjects at 10+2 level.
– Then getting admission in IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) can be the easiest ticket to get absorbed in ISRO as a scientist/engineer.
– Candidates must have completed their graduates and post-graduate engineers from IITs, NITs and other reputed government and private institutions are preferable.
– Candidates must get degrees in any of the engineering course such as B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Radio Engineering, and Engineering Physics.
– After completing B.Tech from any college, an examination namely ICRB (centralized Recruitment Bangalore) is conducted by ISRO and individuals are tested as per their respective branches of engineering and after clearing the interview, one can get appointed as a scientist or an engineer at ISRO.
– Candidates must have a minimum aggregate percentage of 65% and above in B.tech in their respective relevant streams.
– After the completion of M.Tech or D. in trades such as Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing, Instrumentation, applied Mathematics, Geophysics, Geography or any other equivalent degree in the field of Physics or Mathematics one can apply directly.
What are other way to Join ISRO except Scientist and Engineer?
If you are not an engineer then also don’t worry. ISRO released time to time vacancies for various post as mentioned below:
– Technical Assistant
– Scientific Assistant
– Technician ‘B’
– Fireman ‘A’
– Driver-cum-Operator ‘A’
– Catering Attendant ‘A’
– Draughtsman –B
– Driver etc
We notified eligibility as soon as ISRO officially release notification on following posts.
These are various ways to join ISRO. Hope you understand the complete process. This article will help you to fulfill your space dream, if start preparing yourself from now onwards. For any queries you sent comments on our comment box or sent whatsapp message. You can also join our facebook page or twitter handle.
For More latest Job News and Unknown Job Related Courses visit our website: